The following procedure is based on concerns we all share about students’ safety. It is in the interest of everyone to follow these procedures on every occasion that a ward is absent from school.
- Please telephone the school’s receptionist on 03220 30016 between 7.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. on the first day of your ward’s absence from school to briefly explain her absence. If we do not receive an explanation we will inform you of her absence immediately.
- Please, on your ward’s return to school, write a brief explanation of her absence in the school planner to confirm the information we received by phone.
- It is not acceptable for the student to telephone the school to explain her absence.
- The rule states that the school must give permission for your ward to be absent.
- Encourage your wards who are day students to endeavour to come to school before classes begin at 6.30 a.m. Classes start with Morning Assembly.